The Irish Socksciety family is about to get a whole lot socksier…
That’s right, they are looking for an Office and Distribution Operations Legend to join their ranks!
They say many feet make light work (don’t they?!) and they’re on the prowl for a well-organised, passionate person to bring a little more joy to their Liosban Industrial Estate sock-strewn set-up.
If you’ve got a grá for a good pair of socks, an ordered mind for day-to-day office work, and a head for packing and dispatching – they want to hear from you. Naturally, they’ve got some gruelling expectations that include no less than extensive experience as a Banter Connoisseur, an innate ability to have the craic and a genuine interest in the growth of their lovely little business. It also helps if you’ve got a car, they do love going for a shpin like! The position of the Office and Distribution Operations Legend is a one year contract with room for extension. Immediate start would be ideal.
# The JOB
They are literally looking for someone who will be able to join them in laughter and really hard and precise work. They are offering a full-time position for a one year contract with the possibility of growth of the position and extending the contract.
They are based in a cosy and warm premises of the Liosban Estate. You’ll get to witness and experience plenty of colours, creative work, lots of kettle on sounds, sometimes time pressure, plenty of packaging, caring and all that jazz. But most of all socks, socks and socks. All in a very genuine and friendly environment.
Ideally, the person would be eager to help them grow their small business in a passionate and environmentally friendly way. They are two extremely driven people with a huge love for Ireland and the Irish craic, if you can describe yourself in a similar way, it looks like you can be the right fit.
# What will you do ?
Pack and dispatch:
- Online orders
- Retail orders
- Communication with the An Post legends and customers if necessary
- Sticking plenty of socks and other products into their lovely recyclable packaging
- Monitoring stock levels
- Drafting, formating, and printing relevant documents
- Ordering office supplies as needed
- Assisting in purchase orders and invoicing
- Managing outgoing post and recording data on special deliveries
- Photocopying and filing appropriate documents as needed
- Attending workshops, conferences
- Working in shopify, google drive and dropbox, Adobe Suite
- Possible attending trade shows
- Bringing ideas for organisation solutions and maintenance
- Interacting with directors and carrying out their requests
- Dispatching parcels at the local post offices
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Enthusiastic, organised, and genuine
- Willing to commit to lots and lots of packing if necessary, like seriously, the precision and speed here are the key
- Perfect at working independently and within a team
- Excel, Google sheets, Adobe Suite knowledge
- Relevant internship or work experience would be class
- Creative and with passion for style and design
- Full driving licence + car
- Open to learning all aspects of running and growing a sustainable business
To apply for the role, fill out the form on their website, and do not forget to attach your CV.